David Yee

“David was a Navy veteran of 20 years. He was born in Reno, Nevada and made his childhood home in Sparks, Nevada. He always made friends easily. When he was young, our neighborhood had a lot of children – he was always the oldest, and the neighborhood kids looked up to him. He was an avid UNR (University of Reno) Wolfpack fan and attended as many games as he could. He was a father of 5, but his struggle with PTSD was hard on his relationships and ended in either divorce or just a split up. He has 3 other brothers that served in the Navy also. His youngest brother is currently a lieutenant serving as an air traffic controller. David loved to hunt and fish and would take his eldest to hunt also. After retiring from the Navy, David struggled with mental issues and at one time turned away from me as he felt I was prying too much into his business. I only wanted him to get help. He never felt he had a problem. He estranged himself from quite a few people and didn’t realize it was due to the issues he was struggling with. He had just gotten remarried 1 ½ years ago and had a new baby that just turned a year old in November. She will never know her dad which is sad because when he was having good days, he could be the best dad ever. I will miss his laughter and smile.” Shared by his mother, Janis States he called home: Virginia, California and Nevada Final Rest: Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Fernley, Nevada#22TooMany #OurHeroes are #NeverForgetten

Blaine Webb

AWR2 (NAC/AW/SW) Blaine Michael Webb, 25, of Coronado, passed away at his residence on Oct. 18, 2013.Blaine was born in Coronado, California, the son of Shari Combs Webb, of Greenville, SC and the late Randall R. Webb. He was an Aviation Rescue Swimmer with the U.S. Navy stationed at HSC-3 in Coronado, California. His previous duty assignment included HS-11 in Jacksonville, Florida. He enjoyed surfing and rock climbing..Memorial services with military honors: Jacksonville, Florida and also in Coronado, California. From Blaine’s mother: “My son touched many lives in a positive way; he was a true leader in his own right. He loved volunteering time at Children’s Hospital during holiday time. Some of his hobbies includedfitness, surfing, golf, camping, bike riding, rock climbing and photography.”

Miles Vaughn

It is with the deepest regret that we must announce the death of Miles Robert Vaughan. His life of 30 years ended on January 27, 2011. In those 30 years, he had influenced the lives of many people as a friend, a soldier, a wrestler, a surfer, a musician, a brother and a son. Miles was born on June 19, 1980 in Riverton, Wyoming. His family first moved to Crescent City, California in 1984 where Miles began his love affair with the ocean. In 1990 his family relocated to Roseburg, Oregon and Miles began a love and hate relationship with school wrestling. At various weight classes he was the Douglas County Champion for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade. Miles wrestled Varsity at Roseburg High School while he attended Fremont Middle School. In 1995, his family moved back to Wyoming where he attended Hot Springs County High School in Thermopolis. Here he excelled at wrestling, baseball and making friends. In 1998 the family moved back to Crescent City where Miles graduated from Del Norte High. During the move back to Crescent City, Miles’ love of the ocean turned into a lifelong passion with surfing and its lifestyle. Miles joined the Navy in 2001 and spent 4 years as a Corpsman with the 3rd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion at Twenty Nine Palms, California. He was “Doc” to his Marine Corp platoon. During Operation Iraqi Freedom, Miles received a Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal for valor and a Navy Commendation. Besides medals, Miles came home with a broken neck and foot as well as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). He was later classified as disabled because of PTSD. He sought and received help from the VA hospital in Roseburg, Oregon. During this time he also became infatuated with music. With the help of another vet, Chase Melendez, Miles learned to play guitar and gained confidence with his vocals. The group ChasingMiles played in the Roseburg, Oregon area. In Crescent City he teamed up with local artists including Warren Barr playing Oregon and California venues as Just Add Water. Covers of songs like Wicked Games and Hero of War can be found on YouTube. On the outside Miles seemed to be doing well, but in September of 2010 he contacted the VA for additional counseling. Unfortunately, he did not follow through with counseling and his demons took him from us. Miles, we cherish the times we spent together. We forgive you for our pain. Miles is survived by his mother Carlie; father Mike and his wife Deb; brother Chris and his wife Cyndi; nephews Will and Devin and sweetheart Macy.http://youtu.be/N6H3t_hSNaM#OurHeroes#22TooMany#NeverForgotten

Jared Stiles

After graduating from Central Cambria High School in 2007, Jared attended Corpsman Medical Training in Chicago. He retired from the US Navy as a Petty Officer, HM3. He served in Okinawa, Japan; there he delivered more than 600 babies! He then served tours with the Marine 1-9 Division in Afghanistan and Kuwait. When he retired, our family was so happy because that meant he was “safe.” We were not able to save him from his battle with post traumatic stress. Jared is so loved and missed by many. His hobbies included spending time outdoors, hunting, fishing, riding motorcycles, martial arts, and he was a gun collector. Final Rest: Lloyd Cemetery, Ebensburg, PA#22toomany#OurHeroes are #NeverForgotten

John Spraul

Never, Never Give Up18 April 2013 at 14:57written by Cady Spraul, Wes’ sister I’m not always one for sharing a whole lot, but today I’m impassioned with the desire to share the real story. 7 weeks ago today was probably the worst day of my life and in the lives of my loved ones. My brother, Wes, had taken his own life, and we realized would never get the chance to spend more time with him here on this earth. The expected judgment, “Oh, he gave up.” or “How could he do such a thing to his family?” of hearing the news of his suicide are normal, but I want to make it clear that none of these are true. There’s so much more than most people know, and Wes doesn’t deserve for anyone to have poor thoughts about him now.Most people know that Wes came back from Afghanistan in July of 2011 with a spinal cord injury. What you may not know is how much pain this caused him every day. He went through at least six surgeries, if not more, that were all extremely dangerous within a years time. He suffered from at least one stroke, where he lost control of some of the muscles in his arm. He already couldn’t feel hardly anything from his stomach down. He had trouble sleeping, unbelievable amounts of pain, and so much more than he would tell anyone. The massive amounts of medications that the doctors gave him were so strong that they even gave him seizures a couple of times. So, he was in a lot of pain, so what? He went from being in the physical shape capable of taking him through the hardest military training out there to become a NAVY SEAL, to barely being able to walk around on his own. He loved playing sports and was always active, but after his injury he made of fun of himself for not even being able to dribble a basketball. For anyone who knew him, you know he was crazy sarcastic all the time, but still extremely caring and happy. Even with everything that happened to him, he still was his same sarcastic self yet you could always see the love behind the teasing. He still had his amazing smile even while he spent so much time in hospital while the doctors were trying to help him with all of his pain. Every day was a struggle for him just to get out of bed, but he did! His daughters and his wife meant absolutely everything to him, and he put everything he had into spending time with them. I’ve talked to some of his doctors, and they have all told me that he amazed them with his positive (though still very sarcastic) attitude. He didn’t complain to those he loved about how much pain he was in; if he needed a break he would go lay down for a bit, which we knew meant it was really bad. I still can’t even imagine just how bad it was for him. He was definitely the strongest person I have ever known.So, now to the part of this tragedy that most people do not know. The day before he passed away, Wes was in a car accident. The exact happenings of the accident are still unknown, but what is certain is that he was knocked unconscious for a substantial amount of time, meaning he hit his head pretty hard for this to have happened. The doctors checked him out and said he was all clear later that same afternoon, because nothing more than a few bumps and bruises and some sore muscles seemed to be bothering him. He came home from the ER and was expectedly very worn out so he slept the rest of the day and through the night. There’s plenty of medical studies out there linking concussions and other head traumas to suicide, trust me, I’ve read through plenty of it. Medical study or not, I truly believe that it was not the same Wesley we all know who pulled the trigger that horrible morning. He had been so happy, making huge progress in his therapy and spending more time with his girls and his wife. Whether it was his medication, the car accident, or the combination of both, I know that Wes didn’t give up.Wes was the strongest person I’ve even known. Even when I was little, he was always the brother that I looked up to the most and wanted to be like. Of course that means he was always the one who gave me the hardest time, too, but deep down I loved it. Wes enjoyed life to the fullest. He always had that huge smile on his face. He was always friendly to people who weren’t always easy to be friendly too. He was always looking out for those he loved, even more so than his own self it seemed. That seems pretty obvious, because in the NAVY he did two tours in the Middle East even when he had his beautiful family back here in the states, and it was always his life goal to become a NAVY seal. He’d always wanted to serve his country whole heartedly. He challenged me constantly to strive to make myself better. He taught me by example not to judge people before you know anything about them. I knew that he was always there for me no matter what I needed, even if it was just a kick in the butt to stop being so lazy! He always has been, and forever will continue to be my hero.Every day I miss him, but it is now my goal to honor him by striving to do all of those things he taught me. Every day I want to strive to make myself better. Every day I want to be friendly to everyone, not just those who make it easy to be friendly to. Every day I want to make sure that those I love know how much I care for them and would do anything for them. I want to enjoy every day of my life, because I am so blessed. I think it is important that this is how we remember Wes. We can honor him for everything he brought into our lives. Someone had given Wes a necklace that said, “Never Never Give Up.” I will always treasure these words as a sort of motto from his life. To everyone that has reached out to our family in the last few weeks, THANK YOU! I’m not sure how we could have made it through without all of the support. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we try to heal and strive to preserve and honor the memory of Wes throughout our lives.

John Rainey

PO3 John Rainey was based in Norfolk, VA on the USS Eisenhower. He enlisted 12/14/09. John was truly a great kid and young man; he loved his family and friends. He was kind-hearted and self-less, and he was very proud of serving his country.John’s hobbies included hanging out with friends and family, working out, and going to the movies.John Franklin Rainey, Jr., 23, of Charlotte, passed away on January 18, 2014 in Norfolk, VA. He was born in Rock Hill, SC on December 31, 1990. John was a graduate of Providence High School. He served 4 years in the US Navy as Fire Controlman 3rd Class Petty Officer stationed in Norfolk, VA. His favorite pastime was spending time with family and friends.

Michael Schunk

“Michael ‘Mikey’ was born and raised in Buffalo, NY. He was a big brother to one little sister and was the best big brother. He was always my hero and best friend. Growing up he loved playing baseball and was a great second baseman. He may have had the Jeter throw before Jeter! He was a NY Yankees fan and a Buffalo Bills fan, but never was obsessively into watching sports. He would rather be outside playing. Mikey’s true passion was drawing. He was an amazing artist and often times expressed himself through his drawings. Mikey was always the life of the neighborhood and such a clown. He made everybody laugh. You couldn’t have a bad day when Mikey was around. Mikey’s favorite song growing up was “I’m just a girl” by No Doubt and would perform all the time. He truly had a heart of gold.” Shared by his sister, Niki Mikey lost his inner battle while serving in the Navy – active duty, in Norfolk, VA. His deployments included Africa / Somalia and Iraq / OIF.#22toomany #OurHeroes are #NeverForgotten

David Ringhand

David J. Ringhand, 43, of Eau Claire, died Mon. Aug. 29, 2016 in Madison, WI. He was born on May 25, 1973 in Fond du Lac the son of Harvey and Marilyn Snyder Ringhand. He graduated from North Fond du Lac High School in 1991. David served his country in the U.S. Navy from 1992 until 2012 for 20 years and retired as a Chief Petty Officer. He married Angela Piehl on August 17, 1993 at the Fond du Lac county courthouse. David’s passions were being a role model for Navy personnel and cooking. He was a member of the Chief Petty Officers Association and the American Legion. He had many adventures in his Naval career. David volunteered at the Eau Claire Food Bank and Meals on Wheels as a driver. Final Rest: St. Charles Cemetery Fond du Lac, Wisconsin#22toomany#OurHeroes are #NeverForgotten

Joshua Lipstein

Joshua was the oldest of three children. He was totally shy until he became a teenager and came out of his shell. In 2005, he joined the Navy. He was among the first to volunteer for duty as a “Riverine” (Squad 1) patrolling the waterways in Iraq. He served on two tours in Iraq. He planned on making a career of it and after retiring, he was going to join the FBI or Secret Service. An acoustic neuroma (a benign brain tumor that severely and permanently impacts hearing, balance and facial movement) was discovered after his second tour and it changed his desire to serve since he no longer was allowed to carry a weapon. After the successful surgery he was placed on desk duty until he could be cleared for a medical discharge. Unfortunately, drugs took hold of his life before that ever came into play. His mother passed away in February of 2011, which was the final drop of water in that glass which overflowed with darkness.Excerpt from Huffington Post series, “Invisible Casualties”After Joshua died, “I was in a frozen state,” Don (his father) told me one day as we sat in his car in a parking lot outside Wilmington. He wore a polo shirt emblazoned with the logo of Navy Riverine Squadron 1. “I was in a state of shock for probably three months. There is a tremendous amount of loss, pain and guilt, shame, anger.”A Navy casualty assistance officer gave Don a batch of material after the funeral, including a brochure from TAPS, the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors. It provides peer-based emotional support for those who have lost loved ones due to their military service, connects survivors with grief counselors and other resources, and offers seminars and retreat camps for kids.Don called and was put in touch with a trained survivor care team member. She was a good listener and he talked, slowly over the months absorbing the facts of Joshua’s life and death.As he began to thaw, Don came to understand some things about the suicide of his son. One was to drop the shame. Stop pretending it didn’t happen. Celebrate the life that was. “My son died by suicide, but I loved him during his lifetime,” he said. “He lived an awesome life. He was a great kid. People saw him as a shining star. I can’t help but think of all the gifts he left us, Leslie and Jayden and the whole family. We are very close.”Don is now a peer mentor coordinator with TAPS, training other suicide survivors to approach newly bereaved family members to offer a friendly ear and other resources.“The best thing for those who have lost a loved one to suicide — and for the rest of us — is to talk about suicide, he said. “Give it some attention. We have to get rid of the stigma of PTSD, depression, substance abuse. We have to talk about it or we’re not going to be able to fix it.”“A lot of us [suicide survivors] get stuck in our shame,” he said. “I just met a couple whose son died six years ago and they have never been able to talk about it. But talking about it helps people who struggle with the shame, and if you don’t deal with that, the shame will eat you up.”He also learned how to move on. “I will always miss my son and love him, but I don’t want his death to define my life,” he said.He began to understand that he would never comprehend precisely why Joshua took his life. That he couldn’t play what-if: what if Joshua’s Navy buddies had been around, what if his drug use had been detected earlier, what if his mother had not died…“I don’t think the military should be blamed completely,” he said. But he did allow that “there were things the military could have done to help make it less traumatic for guys coming back and trying to get back into civilian society.”“They spend a lot of time to train them to be mentally and physically tough. But we don’t do anything to reprogram them back. The training is making them tougher and tougher. But how do we train them to be soft again?”This article “A Navy Sailor’s Desperate Last Act After Drug Addictions, Depression”is part of a special Huffington Post series, “Invisible Casualties,” in which we shine a spotlight on suicide-prevention efforts within the military.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/20/navy-sailor-suicide_n_3936433.html

Michael LeJeune

Michael was Assistant Scout Master of Boy Scout Troop 158. He loved camping, biking, hiking and activities with me and our kids. He was respected by all who knew him. He had a huge heart and was selfless. The most special thing about him was that he always carried McDonald’s $$$ to give homeless people that he would see. I have seen him literally give the shirt off of his back if he felt someone needed it. I strive to be the person he was and have raised our children knowing who he was.He called Baton Rouge, Louisiana home and his place of final rest is Port Hudson National Cemetery in Port Hudson, LA.#22toomany #OurHeroes are #NeverForgotten

Todd Lanning

Todd was born 12/19/1968, and he went to live with God on 3/9/2013. As most people in our family, he chose the Navy. He was a Navy Seabee and later served his community as a fireman and first responder. He loved anything outdoors. He left his mom and dad, and step dad, three brothers, two sons, two grandsons, one granddaughter, and two nieces that loved him dearly. Todd was one of those guys that everyone loved and looked for anytime they went out. He was always so happy and loved to pick with people. One thing for sure, no one had ever said anything bad about our country around Todd. You could pick and call the Navy boy anything you wanted, but better not crack on our country – cause it was about to go down. Todd Loved the Navy and his family. He will always be missed. Todd served in the Navy for 11 years. He was from Mocksville, North Carolina. He came from a long line of firefighters (his dad, grandpa, etc). Resting place: Chestnut Grove United Methodist ChurchShared by his brother, Marty#22toomany #OurHeroes are #NeverForgotten

Alexander Ferrer

“Alex enjoyed everything about the ocean, the way it smelled to the way the waves crashed onto themselves. He even enjoyed the sound of a boats engine far off in the distance. He had a dog he forever loved and never stopped talking about named King.Prior to becoming an officer in New Jersey, he was also a border patrol agent. As an officer, he upheld the notion of protecting those who could not protect themselves, and it carried over into his personal life for those he cared deeply about.Alex had a superb memory and was full on information from the important to the funny and useless.He was always drawn to NY and enjoyed taking the ferry.He was a role model for many of his friends’ kids, as he cared for them as if they were his own.He was the guy you would want by your side when in battle or if things started looking down.” Remembrances shared by his friend, LJ#22toomany #OurHeroes are #NeverForgotten

Jason Dunlap

Jason served 6 years in the Navy as a hospital corpsman at the Naval Medical Center in Portsmouth. He was a loving husband and father.Jason was a Navy Corpsman who took care of hundreds of PTSD victims at Portsmouth Naval Hospital. He was an honest, caring, sweet man with a very sensitive soul, who kept his feelings very private. He had a great sense of humor and a goofy smile. He also struggled with depression.Leaving the Navy was a difficult adjustment. Things were just starting to go his way, as he was studying Criminal Justice and working as an armed anti-terrorism security guard. He and Emily were making plans to have dinner with his dad, and for a summer vacation. We will never understand what made Jason put his service revolver to his head that night. He didn’t leave a note.Jason was a great dad who was very involved in every facet of Paisley’s care. He loved to read to her.

Jason Derosier

Shared by his wife, Jessica:“Jason and I have two children now 18 (Chloe) and 10 (Max). Jason was a good and loving father and husband. He was kind, wonderful, simple in his desires for life. He wasn’t flashy, didn’t boast, or aspire to impress anyone. He was a good man – an honest, trustworthy and respected friend. He was a good son. He grew up in South Milwaukee, WI and loved and Brewers and Packers. He came home from Afghanistan a different person – he had lost 40 pounds, styled his hair differently, and refused to talk about or acknowledge anything was wrong with him. I tried taking him to counseling under the guise of “marriage counseling” hoping the counselor would help him open up. When the first one didn’t seem to help, I brought him to another, and when that failed, I went to his command behind his back and asked them to bring him in, as he would not seek out help on his own. The home port chief assured me he would be talked to by a Military chaplain who was trained in dealing with PTSD. That never happened and soon after Jason decided he wanted out of the military, even though he had previously planned to be a “lifer,” he was granted his early out 2 days before his battalion was deployed back to Afghanistan – his bags were already packed and he was prepared to ship out. I hoped this sudden change and a return to our home town would help him; it did not. We tried counseling one more time, and thereafter he refused to go. I went to the VA with my general power of attorney and tried to have him forcefully committed; they told me they couldn’t help me, as he had not verbalized his intention to kill himself. He died by suicide two years later. They were very difficult and sometimes scary years, as he was able to masquerade for family and friends that all was well and he was “just fine.” I sometimes doubted my own sanity, and questioned my concerns for him, as I was apparently the only one who saw it. His death was awful and destroyed our whole family, and life as we once knew it, the core of our beings is forever changed. This has been extra hard on me and the kids, as we really lost him twice! The Husband and Father we knew and loved is not the same man who got off that bus. Seeing his flag draped coffin was the culmination of my worst nightmares while he was deployed and so unbearably cruel, as our guy made it back home, but died anyways! Thank you for telling his story.” States he called home: WisconsinFinal Rest: Forest Hill Memorial ParkSouth Milwaukee, WI#22toomany#OurHeroes are #NeverForgotten

John Carroll

http://heroesnotes.org/heroes/gm2-john-guns-carroll/Shared by his mother, Jody: “He was my hero from the moment he was born…Johnny did not have any easy life at all, but he always persevered and came out stronger from every hardship. Johnny was 85% deaf, and suffered from Meniere’s Disease. Out of his 6 years in the Navy he spent 4 1/2 in the war zones. I know that he would say that he didn’t do anything special but I have heard from so many people – whether they were serving on the USS Boxer or were members of the SEAL teams he served with – that he always had a smile for everybody and wanted no one to feel left out or lonely. He was a GM2 (Gunner’s Mate/Petty Officer 2nd Class) in the Navy and loved his job more than anything.” Shared by his friends:“Brother, I am going to miss you! You left so many true friends. I hope you are at peace.” “Miss you.. I am glad to have met a great guy like you.. The best experience on board USS Boxer was having you as a big brother. Thanks for always looking out for me.” “Dang man. Why?! It hurts, bro. You were a good man! Hate it went down this way! Definitely missed!!! Praying for you, brother, and your family. Rest in Peace and we will see you again! “John you were a good friend to my son and daughter and, although we never met, it tears at my heart to hear of your passing. You live on in the hearts and minds of all who know and love you.”

Matthew Brinker

Matt graduated from Redbank Valley High School in 2000. He was an outstanding wrestler where he was a PIAA state medalist, placing 7th. He was a member of the St. Charles Catholic Church in New Bethlehem. He loved to visiting and spending time in monasteries and had a special devotion to St. Michael the Archangel. Matt was also very loved by his friends, to whom he was very loyal and patient. He loved to hunt and spend time in the outdoors, which directly led him into his military career. Matt served his country as a scout sniper 4 years and 5 months in the Marine Corps with one deployment to Afghanistan and two to Iraq. He then moved to the Navy, where he successfully completed Basic Underwater Demolition/Seal (BUD/S) training and became a SEAL. Matt served 6 year and 7 months as a SEAL, with one national tasking deployment. He was one of the highest trained and capable snipers in the Navy and the Marines. He received two combat action ribbons, an Afghanistan Campaign Ribbon, two Iraq Campaign Ribbons and was an expert riflemen and pistol expert. He was a member of the Walter W. Craig Post 354 of New Bethlehem American Legion. He is survived by his parents, Gary L. Brinker of DuBois and Linda R. Brinker of Hawthorn, a sister; Melissa Persing and her husband D.J. of Franklin; four brothers, Burton Brinker and his wife Kristin of Silver Spring MD., Bruce Brinker of Pittsburgh, Ben Brinker and his wife Nicki of Distant, and Brandon Brinker and his wife Brandy of Hawthorn. He had many nieces and nephews he enjoyed loving on and showering with gifts and activities. He is preceded in death by his maternal grandparents, Eugene and Rose Lehner and paternal grandparents, Jay and Ethel Brinker Final Rest: Hawthorn Cemetery, Hawthorn, PA#22toomany#OurHeroes are #NeverForgotten

Shannon Blake

Shannon P. Blake ISC (IDX/EXW/SW/AW) served from 2000-2013. His first job was a torpedoman’s mate, but he began cross training to become an IS (Intelligence Specialist) in 2003. Shannon’s career progressed and in 2005, he was hand selected to join Explosive Ordinance Disposal Mobile Unit 5 (EODMU5) at Naval Base Guam. In 2008, he transferred to DEVGRU where he supported Naval Special Warfare tactics, techniques and procedures. In 2010, he was advanced to Chief Petty Officer. In 2012, he reported to Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) as the LCPO (lead CPO) where he worked in MTAC (Multiple Threat Alert Center). His decorations include the Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal with six gold stars. Shannon was dedicated to the Navy. He loved his country, and he loved his job. He was smart and being an intelligence specialist was perfect the perfect military career for him. He was always in the lead – whether it was mentoring a new IS, or leading his MWR sports team to a win, or taking the EOD guys out for swim. He was always looking for the next challenge. He constantly wanted more knowledge. As a friend he was loyal and always had your back. He would be there in a minute to protect you or stand up for you. He was also there to have a drink with you and party hard. One of his main mottos was “Work Hard, Play Hard.” He loved sports, softball, basketball, golf – you name it. He enjoyed deep sea fishing, running, hiking and pretty much anything active. He was very competitive and was always challenging someone. He had big heart. “Fought side by side with Shannon on USS STETHEM. A great soul, sailor, and human. The universe only takes the best from us. He is onto much bigger and more important things. Things that we cannot even comprehend. He made me a better person and for that I am eternally grateful. Love you brother, please watch over us.” Smitty “Brother, I hope you found the peace you were looking for. You will be sorely missed, I will never forget the jokes, the shenanigans, and all the good times over the years. Thanks for always being there and for the heartfelt guidance.” Jason#OurHeroes

John Adrian

“John’s hometown is Albuquerque, New Mexico. He loved fishing and camping. We heard many stories of how he would talk someone out of suicide. He was always willing to give his last dollar or feed someone. He loved his little brother Daniel and his nephew Kaysen with all his heart. He moved up in rank very quickly because of his dedication to the NAVY. He served on three different ships and was an IT2 (Information Technologist). He loved cars, especially Jeeps and was always helping someone fix theirs. He would drop everything to help someone, including paying their bills so they wouldn’t be homeless. His favorite color was red. He loved playing the blues on his electric guitar and loved music. His favorite thing to do with his nephew was sitting in bushes and finding spiders so he could teach him about them. My son was so busy taking care of other people he never let anyone know he needed help too. I’ve heard from many shipmates that he was the first to give his last dollar to someone who needed it more. Some said he talked them out of depressed states and he helped make them the man they are today. He never asked for anything in return, ever. I just found out that he will be on the donor wall for donating his corneas to 2 people.” Shared by his mom, Karie

Geoffrey Adams

Geoff was musically gifted on the baritone and later played guitar, piano and had an awesome singing voice – he was very musically talented. Often he sang karaoke and his friends encouraged him to audition for American Idol. He was also artistic – he made items from glass and also painted.His hobbies included scuba diving, playing soccer and baseball, and he also loved to skydive. Geoff was compassionate – he loved animals and volunteered for Meals on Wheels. As a family, we were the ‘three musketeers’ – Geoff, his sister, Tara, and me (his ‘mommy’). He loved his two sons very much. He loved all people and never judged – he was very sensitive and smart. States he called home: Washington, Oregon and California#22toomany #OurHeroes are #NeverForgotten